METROPOLITAN FISCAL ANALYSIS. VOLUME 5: OVERVIEW: LOCAL-STATE-FEDERAL FISCAL FLOWS AND FUNCTIONS IN THE NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
The report summarizes a larger study which covers two major topics: local-state-federal fiscal flows in the Washington metropolitan area, and costs and benefits associated with non-resident use of local facilities and services. The first section of the report identifies the local-state-federal fiscal flows in the region and describes their concentrations, distributions, and comparative burdens. These fiscal flows are analyzed to determine how the region and its subdivisions are influenced by local-state-federal tax collections and outlays for local-serving facilities. Fiscal flows are compared with regard to local-state-federal sources and the three portions of the region. The second section of the report addresses costs related to two public services in the region: transportation--metrobus and metrorail, and social services. Costs and benefits are also analyzed for recreation and cultural opportunities, emergency health services, and fire mutual aid.
- See also Volume 4, PB-262 684. Also available in set of 6 reports PC E13, PB-262 680-SET.
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments1225 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Department of Housing and Urban Development451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20410
- Verburg, E A
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Benefit cost analysis; Bus lines; Cash flow; Costs; Externalities; Federal government; Finance; Financing; Government funding; Level of service; Local government; Metropolitan areas; Policy; Public transit; Rapid transit; Regional planning; Social factors; Socioeconomic factors; Standard of living; State government; Surveys; Taxes; Transportation
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Services; Social welfare
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Rapid railways
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Policy; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00154595
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: HUD-CPA-03-39-1017
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1981 12:00AM