STUDY ON OXIDES OF NITROGEN AND CARBON FORMATION IN DIESEL ENGINES - COMPUTER PROGRAM USER'S MANUAL
This document describes the computer program and serves as a user's manual for a numerical model on THE PREDICTION OF POLLUTANT FORMATION IN DIESEL ENGINES. The model is capable of predicting both engine performance and formation of nitric oxide and soot in a direct injected diesel engine combustion process. The program is sufficiently versatile to investigate the influence of several engine parameters, such as geometry, injection timing, compression ratio, load, swirl, etc., and thus can be considered as a tool readily accessible to the design engineers. The physical and chemical processes, the detailed mathematical analysis and the assumptions upon which the model is based are discussed in the full report on this investigation. This manual contains brief descriptions of the program subroutines, program input and output. One sample case is also given to illustrate the use of the program which is designed to facilitate program check-out. The computer program is coded in standard FORTRAN IV, and a version is currently operational in CDC 6600 computer.
- See also PB-262 712.
Ultrasystems, Incorporated500 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA USA 92660
Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Proceedings ofEmission Control Technology Division, 2565 Plymouth Road
Kyoto 606, Sakyo-ku, Japan
Coordinating Research Council, Incorporated30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY USA 10020
- Kau, C J
- Tyson, T J
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Carbon; Chemical properties; Combustion; Computer programs; Design; Diesel engine exhaust gases; Diesel engines; Exhaust gases; Fly ash; Forecasting; Internal combustion engines; Manuals; Mathematical models; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides; Numerical analysis; Performance evaluations; Physical properties; Smoke; Subroutines
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Soot
- Old TRIS Terms: Cdc 6600; Input output routines
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00154591
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/460/3-76/008-b Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-0436
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM