A FEASIBILITY STUDY FOR A BARGE MANUFACTURING FACILITY AT HELENA, ARKANSAS
The purpose of the study is to explore the feasibility of constructing a barge manufacturing and/or repair facility on a specific site near Helena, Arkansas. The study will present an overview of the existing barge manufacturing and repairing industry. It will recommend the type and magnitude of product and/or service to be offered, the market strength, sales and advertising considerations, and other factors related to market penetration. The site and its environs will be throughly investigated in terms of specifics such as access, utilities, soil conditions, etc.
- Prepared by Ellers, Reaves, Fanning and Oakley, Inc., Memphis, Tenn.
Arkansas Business Development CorporationUnion National Bank
Little Rock, AR United States
Ellers, Reaves, Fanning and Oakley, IncorporatedMemphis, TN United States
Economic Development Administration14th Street, Between E St and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Pagination: 219 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Economic analysis; Economic development; Economic factors; Industries; Level of service; Local government; Manufacturing; Market assessment; Planning; Repairing; Shipbuilding; Surveying; Surveying; Technical assistance; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Geographic Terms: Arkansas; Mississippi River
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge construction; Barge repair; Economic analysis (Barge construction); Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00154582
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EDA-77-024
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM