INSTALLATION, TEST AND EVALUATION OF THE DESTATOR. A DEVICE TO ENHANCE THE OPERATIONAL SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE OF BULK PETROLEUM CARRIERS
At-sea test results are presented of a device (Destator) for enhancing the operational safety of bulk petroleum carriers. Described are the test program formulation, the intrinsic safety certification program, the equipment description and the installation. Also presented are the at-sea test descriptions and results in both a clean gas-free as well as dirty-inerted environment.
- Prepared in cooperation with CincoTech Corporation, Beverly Hills, California, Contract MA-4-37065.
Electrooptica Juan de la CiervaIsabel Gihaga, 5
Alconbendas Madrid, Spain
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Cincotech CorporationBeverly Hills, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1976-11-14
- Pagination: 245 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Cleaning; Electric discharge; Electrostatics; Explosions; Marine safety; Oils; Petroleum industry; Safety; Safety equipment; Storage tanks; Tankers; Tanks (Containers); Tests; Washing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Petroleum trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk oil transport; Explosion prevention; Explosionproofing; Gas freeing; Static dischargers; Tank cleaning; Tanker safety; Tanker ships
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00154576
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA/RD-920-76053 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM