INTEGRATED ENGINE INSTRUMENT SYSTEM. VOLUME I
Volume I contains the System Description of the Integrated Engine Instrument System (IEIS). In an effort to anticipate the needs of the flight crew and maintenance personnel in the 1980-85 timeframe, studies were conducted during the past five years to examine engine parameter definition and selection, sensor analysis, engine cycles, engine modeling, mission analysis, data trending, electronic fuel control, analog subsystems for vibration and turbine blade monitoring, display engineering, fault isolation techniques and human factors. The resulting baseline IEIS incorporates a variety of disciplines, including engine operation analysis, computers, multipurpose displays, data bus techniques, and data recording. Deck Launched Intercept and Subsonic Surface Surveillance missions were selected as typical applications for IEIS.
- See also Volume 2, AD-A035 566.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA United States 01910
- Skovholt, R L
- Little, W S
- Doerle, W A
- Cooper, R B
- Buzzell, C E
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Analog computers; Benefit cost analysis; Computers; Data collection; Data storage; Decks (Ships); Detectors; Electronic equipment; Engine components; Engines; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Information display systems; Information processing; Information storage and retrieval systems; Instrumentation; Integrated systems; Jet engines; Launching; Maintenance; Maintenance equipment; Monitoring; Naval aircraft; Personnel; Reliability; Sensors; Surveillance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines; Interceptors; Parameters
- Old TRIS Terms: Analog systems; Cost benefits; Data recording; Deck launched intercept and subsonic surface curve; Electronic systems; Integrated engine instrument system; Mission profiles
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00154535
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NADC-76180-30-V1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N62269-75-C-0359
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM