VALIDATION COMMAND LANGUAGE
This report describes the features and use of the Validation Command Language (VCL) computer program which has been developed to aid the automotive safety researcher in quantifying comparison between impact test results and predictions of mathematical simulations. Anticipated applications of this software are: (1) Manipulation, analysis and comparison of dynamic impact data, (2) Graphical presentation of dynamic impact data, (3) Uses an organizing tool to simplify quantative validation of mathematical models; and, (4) Use as an organizing tool to demonstrate correlation or the lack thereof between experiments and/or theoretical estimates. Additional Formula Interpreter software carries the manipulation and analysis capability a bit further. If a new analytically-based performance criterion is developed, the user can invest the formula as data and retrieve the results without further post-processing.
International Telephone and TelegraphNutley, NJ USA 07110
Motor Vehicles Manufacturers Association320 New Center Building
Detroit, MI USA 48202
- Bennett, R O
- Becker, J M
- Robbins, D H
- Publication Date: 1976-12-10
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Collisions; Computer programming; Computer programs; Crash injury research; Graphics; Highway safety; Impact tests; Mathematical models; Mathematical prediction; Regression analysis; Research; Safety engineering; Simulation; Software; Traffic crashes; Validation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Graphical analysis; Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00154381
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-76-20 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM