VISUAL APPROACH SLOPE INDICATORS. PRINCIPLES OF OPERATION, RECOMMENDATIONS FOR INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE
Installation and maintenance instructions for Visual Approach Slope Indicators are presented. This system is a precision aircraft approach and landing aid for day and night use, either stand-alone or in conjunction with radio and instrument aids. To fulfill the precision requirements, the system must be designed, set out, installed, and commissioned to a high degree of accuracy, as recommended.
Philips Gloeilampenfabrieken N.V.Lighting Division
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Aircraft pilotage; Airport runways; Approach; Indicators (Instruments); Installation; Landing; Maintenance; Navigation lights; Radio; Slopes; Visual aids
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft landing; Runway lights; Slope indicators
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00154355
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PHILIPS-ER-12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM