AUTOMOTIVE GAS TURBINE FUEL CONTROL
A fuel control useful for automotive-type gas turbines and particularly advanced gas turbines utilizing variable geometry components to improve mileage and reduce pollution emission is disclosed. The fuel control described compensates for fuel density variations, inlet temperature variations, turbine vane actuation, acceleration, and turbine breaking. These parameters are utilized to control various orifices, spool valves and pistons in a desired manner.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
Department of the NavyThe Pentagon
Washington, DC USA 20350
- Gold, H S
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality management; Automatic control; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Gas turbines; Openings; Patent applications; Pistons (Engines); Turbine engines; Valves
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mileage
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel control; Inlet flow; Orifices; Turbine instruments
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00154344
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-739 909 Patent, NASA-CASE-LEW-12785-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM