EMERGENCY EVACUATION COMPUTER SIMULATION - PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND USER'S GUIDE
A computer model has been developed that simulated emergency evacuation in transport category aircraft. Two computer programs are available that model wide and narrow body aircraft. The computer model is statistical in that a gamma function is assumed to obtain a probability distribution for time path segments of a passenger during evacuation. The program has been successfully run on a IBM 370/155 computer. Running time is dependent on the number of passengers and number of simulations run. Running time is approximately one minute for five evacuations of a 80 passenger narrow body aircraft. For 100 evacuations of a 389 passenger wide body aircraft running time is approximately 90 minutes. (Author)
Oklahoma City, OK USA
- GILLESPIE, J
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Civil aviation; Computer programs; Distributions (Statistics); Emergencies; Evacuation; Passengers; Running time; Simulation; Subroutines; Time; Transport aircraft
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Time paths
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Passenger Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00154328
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-216-76A Intrm Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM