RADAR STATION EVALUATION REPORT, HOLLOMAN AFB, NEW MEXICO, 8-27 SEPTEMBER/7-15 OCTOBER 76
This traffic control and landing systems (TRACALS) radar station evaluation report presents data collected to define the capabilities and limitations of the radar approach control (RAPCON) facility at Holloman AFB, New Mexico. The data presented in this report were collected during two evaluation periods; 8 through 27 September 1976, and 7 through 15 October 1976. The RAPCON facility is comprised of AN/FPN-47 airport surveillance radar (ASR), AN/TPX-42 (A)V Type III air traffic control radar beacon system (ATCRBS), AN/FPN-16 precision approach radar (PAR), and associated power and communications systems. This report includes descriptions of the useable radar coverage, the radar coverage diagrams, the ATCRBS coverage and tracking capabilities, the analysis of flight and equipment performance data, and the performance predictions for the ASR, ATCRBS, and PAR systems. The data presented in this report are a guide for anticipated equipment performance until there is an addition, deletion, or relocation of equipment, or until a change occurs in the horizontal profile. (Author)
Air Force Facility Checking SquadronRichards-Gebaur AFB, MO USA
- Chaumont, R C
- Publication Date: 1977-2-4
- Pagination: 120 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Air traffic control radar beacon system; Airport operations; Airports; Data collection; Radar; Radar air traffic control; Radar stations; Search radar; Surveillance
- Geographic Terms: New Mexico
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport radar systems; Airport surveillance radar; An/fpn-47 radar; Holloman air force base; Precision approach radar; Radar approach control; Traffic control and landing systems
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00154296
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 76/66R-79 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM