DERAILMENT WARNING INDICATOR
The patent application relates to a system for dynamically indicating to an engineer the maximum buff or draft force that can be applied without significant danger of derailment for all cases of quasi-steady grade and curve negotiation.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- BRANTMAN, R
- Vrabel, J D
- Sussman, E D
- Publication Date: 1977-2-7
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Control devices; Derailments; Force; Indicating instruments; Interfaces; Locomotive engineers; Locomotive operation; Locomotives; Patent applications; Patents; Prevention; Railroad cars; Railroad tracks; Safety equipment; Steering; Train operations; Train track dynamics; Warning systems; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade operations; Locomotive controls; Locomotive engineer's tasks; Slack action
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00154119
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-765-929 Patent
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM