CHEMICAL TREATMENT AND PRESERVATION OF WOOD
Contents: Method for the production of plasticized wood; Determination of the diffusion coefficient of bound water in wood; Hydrolysis of birch wood in vibrating mill M-10 in the presence of different catalysts; Hydrolysis of lignocellulose with sulfuric acid concentrated directly within the material; Influence of salts of different compositions on the dissolution of lignin and carbohydrates of deciduous species during aqueous and hydrotropic digestions; Dissociation of carbohydrates and formation of furfural under conditions of hydrotropic digestion of deciduous wood; Measurement of oxidation potential as a method of study, control, and automation of the bleaching of cellulose; Oxidative decomposition of demethylated lignosulfonic acids; Thermal decomposition of hydrolytic lignin in a current of noncondensable gases in an internally heated retort; Variations in the physical-chemical properties of wood charcoal on roasting; Study of activated charcoals from lignin; Review of work done on lignin distribution in the cell wall of wood; Forty years of wood preservation; Investigations on wood protection carried out at the Institute of Forestry and Wood Chemistry; Prospects of utilizing arsenin-containing preparations for wood protection in USSR; Study of the influence of nutrient media and vitamins on the wood-decomposing activity of coniophora cerebella; Testing the fungicidal properties of maleic hydrazide; Prospects of artificial resinification of sapwood of young pine stumps; Study of the efficiency of tapping pine trees with the chemical effect of sulfuric acid by the combined ascending method of Paul Rasinsh; Flowability of pressed articles made of ground wood; Effect of some factors on the time taken for pressing chipboards by the method of wetting the outer layers; Prospects of convectional drying of timber in vacuum and at high-pressures; Some results of a study of the process of separating wood green by drum separator.
- Trans. of mono. Khimicheskaya Pererabotka i Zashchita Drevesiny, n.p., n.d. Sponsored in part by National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C. Special Foreign Currency Science Information Program.
Department of Agriculture1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20250
National Science FoundationSpecial Foreign Currency Science Information Program
Washington, DC USA 20550
- Gromov, V S
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 342 p.
- TRT Terms: Carbohydrates; Catalysts; Cellulose; Coefficients; Dissociation; First aid; Hydrazine; Hydrolysis; Lignin; Nitrogen compounds; Oxidation; Physical properties; Plasticizers; Salts; Supply; Timber; Wood preservatives; Wood products; Wood structures; Wood waste
- Uncontrolled Terms: Diffusion coefficients; Lignocellulose
- Old TRIS Terms: Antiseptics; Bleaching; Furfurals; Hydrazides; Nitrogen heterocyclic compounds; Timber supply; Wood flour
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Materials; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00154110
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TT-70-57102
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C466
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM