MOTORCYCLE BRAKING PERFORMANCE. VOLUME II. FINAL TECHNICAL REPORT
A study was conducted to evaluate the existing Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard for Motorcycle Braking Systems and to develop an alternate test methodology which resolves certain shortcomings thereof. Full-scale vehicle tests were conducted, per the existing standard, and the alternate test concept was developed and demonstrated. The study finds that a procedure involving a process of towing the test motorcycle does represent a viable approach suitable for adaptation in a next-generation rule concerning motorcycle braking performance.
- See also Volume 1, PB-265 163.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Ervin, R D
- MacAdam, C C
- WATANABE, Y
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 121 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Braking; Evaluation; Inspection; Motorcycles; Performance; Safety; Standards; Test procedures; Tests; Towing devices; Vehicle performance
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00154060
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-258 Final Rpt., UM-HSRI-76-30-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-02164
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM