PREVENTION OF FAILURES IN COAL CONVERSION SYSTEMS: PROCEEDINGS OF THE MEETING OF THE MECHANICAL FAILURES PREVENTION GROUP (24TH) HELD AT BATTELLE, COLUMBUS LABORATORIES, COLUMBUS, OHIO ON APRIL 21-23, 1976
These Proceedings consist of a group of twenty submitted papers and discussions from the 24th meeting of the Mechanical Failures Prevention Group which was held at Battelle, Columbus Laboratories in Columbus, Ohio on April 21-23, 1976. Prevention of failures in coal conversion systems is the central theme of the Proceedings. A series of overview lectures dealing with reliability problems in coal conversion systems, economics of failures in energy generating systems, corrosion, and gaps in engineering data are presented. In addition, failure analysis, materials problems, and related materials research are discussed.
- Sponsored in part by Office of Naval Research, Arlington, Va., Frankford Arsenal, Philadelphia, Pa., Federal Aviation Administration, Washington, D.C. and Energy Research and Development Administration, Washington, D.C. Library of Congress Catalog Card No. 77-608043.
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD United States
Office of Naval Research London (England),
Federal Aviation AdministrationWilliam J. Hughes Technical Center, Airport Technology Research and Development Branch
Atlantic City International Airport
Atlantic City, NJ United States 08405
- Shives, T R
- Willard, W A
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 237 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Coal gasification; Coal liquefaction; Coal processing; Coking; Corrosion protection; Costs; Erosion; Failure; Fracture mechanics; Materials; Meetings; Metals; Nondestructive tests; Particles; Quality control; Refining; Refractory materials; Solvents; Steel
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Degradation
- Old TRIS Terms: Carbon dioxide acceptor process; Consol synthetic gas process; Solvent-refined coal; Synthane process
- Subject Areas: Finance; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00154059
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBS-SP-468
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 2002 12:00AM