INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR INTEGRATED TRANSPORTATION PLANNING. AN INFORMATION BULLETIN OF THE TRANSPORTATION TASK FORCE OF THE URBAN CONSORTIUM FOR TECHNOLOGY INITIATIVES
This is one of eight information bulletins developed for the Urban Consortium for Technology Initiatives' Transportation Task Force. The Consortium is a coalition of 34 major urban governments, 28 cities and 6 counties, with populations over 500,000. This bulletin covers mechanisms encouraging the consideration of highways and transit together in developing short and long range transportation plans and programs. Areas covered include regulatory issues associated with Unified Planning Work Programs, Transportation Plans, and Transportation Improvement Programs, as well as institutional issues associated with Metropolitan Planning Organizations. A extensive list of contacts, a description of ongoing research programs in this area and an annotated bibliography are also provided.
- See also PB-258 740.
Public Technology, Incorporated1140 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- French, B I
- Casebeer, EMC
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Bicycles; Coordination; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Highways; Metropolitan areas; Parking facilities; Planning; Public transit; Regulations; Research management; Technological innovations; Technology assessment; Traffic safety; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00154056
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-77-4 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60076
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1981 12:00AM