MAXIMUM LIKELIHOOD AS AN OPERATIONAL TOOL IN SOCIO-ECONOMIC MODELING
The limitations of currently used estimation procedures in socio-economic modeling have been highlighted in the ongoing work of Senge, in which it is shown where more sophisticated estimation procedures may become necessary. One such advanced method (FIMLOF) based on the maximum likelihood procedure has been developed by Peterson and incorporated in a computer program, GPSIE. The present report gives a review of this development and includes a discussion of the relevant conclusions from the work of Senge.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- O'Mathuna, D
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic models; Estimates; Sampling; Statistical analysis
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics;
- Accession Number: 00154049
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-49
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 2002 12:00AM