STUDY OF THE PERMEABILITY OF CARGO SHIPS. VOLUME II. APPENDICES
Contents: Floodable volume calculations for barges; Barge utilization and permeability; Memorandum re--barge loading inspection; Breakdown of weights and volumes of machinery for three sample ships; Summary of engine room components, weight and volume calculations; Memorandum re--cargo permeabilities; East Coast commodity container utilization; Memorandum re--container loading inspection.
- Sponsored in part by Coast Guard, Washington, D.C. See also Volume 1, PB-265 198.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated100 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Mallett, D T
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 215 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Calculation; Cargo ships; Containers; Floods; Hulls; Lighterage; Loss and damage; Permeability; Ship structural components
- Uncontrolled Terms: Damage assessment; Ship hulls
- Old TRIS Terms: Damage control; Flooding calculation; Lighters boats
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00154038
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 5590-Vol-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-06-38078
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM