LTV/SIG METROLINER TRUCK TEST. VOLUME I
This report presents the test plan and results for Phase 2 tests of the LTV/SIG Metroliner Truck. Section 4.0 is the test plan which was submitted to DOT/FRA on September 5, 1974. The test plan was approved by DOT/FRA before testing began. It became necessary to amend test procedure during the test program. The changes in test procedure were approved by DOT/FRA during the course of testing, and those amended procedures are described in Section 5.0 which also presents test results. An Additional Running Test followed Phase 2 tests, and the results of Additional Tests are presented.
- Also available in set of 3 reports PC E09, PB-265 133-SET.
Vought CorporationSystems Division, P.O. Box 5907
Dallas, TX USA 75222
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Sandlin, N H
- BUMGARDNER, H M
- DEAN, F E
- Johnston, A W
- Publication Date: 1975-8-1
- Pagination: 117 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Design; Dynamic tests; Gears; High speed vehicles; Maintainability; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Springs (Vehicles); Structural analysis; Suspension systems; Testing; Trucks; Undercarriages; Vehicle design; Vibration isolation
- Identifier Terms: Metroliner (Express train)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: High speed cars; Rapid transit railways; Running gear; Vibration isolators
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00154022
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-76/251 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-20049
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1981 12:00AM