FUEL ECONOMY IMPROVEMENT THROUGH DIAGNOSTIC INSPECTION
The fuel economy benefits of an exhaust emissions inspection and maintenance system is discussed. Standard EPA fuel economy tests were made on each car before and after minimum cost emission repairs. Fuel economy improvements for each size group in simulated urban and highway driving are discussed.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Bayler, T
- Eder, L
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Diagnosis; Diagnostic tests; Energy; Exhaust gases; Fuel conservation; Fuel consumption; Inspection; Maintenance; Performance tests; Repairing; Sampling; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Repair costs
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00154015
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-284 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM