OPTIMIZATION OF CITIZEN PARTICIPATION IN THE TRANSPORTATION PLANNING PROCESS
Contents: Identifying the various participatory roles available to citizens; Legislative and administrative actions concerning citizen participation; Participative roles of citizens in the transportation planning process; Identification of the publics; Identification and classification of citizen participation processes and techniques; Psychological aspects of the planning agency's responsibility to effect citizen participation in the transportation planning process; Results of national conference and workshop on citizen participation and transportation.
- See also PB-265 051.
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- SCHUSTER, J J
- Balog, J N
- Dreisbach, A F
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 216 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Cooperation; Environmental impacts; Highway planning; Laws; Legislation; Planning; Promotion; Psychological aspects; Public participation; Publicity; Quality of life; Sociology; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00154012
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-76/96
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40098
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1981 12:00AM