RAINFALL ANALYSIS FOR DRAINAGE DESIGN. VOLUME I. SHORT-DURATION PRECIPITATION FREQUENCY DATA
This report is an analysis of depth-duration-frequency of precipitation in California and contains the annual series extreme values from about 30 rain gage networks in California. A statistical analysis of each record is available, giving 12 return periods ranging from 2 to 10,000 years and durations of 5 minutes to 60 days, including annual total precipitation. Methods of interstation interpolation are given. Hourly precipitation records of the National Weather Service were reevaluated to develop 5-, 10-, 15-, and 30-minute extreme data. This volume reports precipitation, depth-duration-frequency data and analysis from 600 recording rain gages with durations ranging from 5 minutes to 24 hours. The data contained in this report are intended for use in runoff computation using procedures such as the rational method or the unit hydrograph method.
- Also available in set of 3 reports PC E15, PB-264 999-SET.
California Department of Water Resources1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA United States 95814
5900 Folsom Boulevard
Sacramento, CA United States 95819
- Goodridge, J D
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 683 p.
- TRT Terms: Data analysis; Depth; Design; Drainage; Frequency distributions; Hazards; Highways; Hydrographs; Hydrology; Interpolation; Mathematical analysis; Precipitation (Meteorology); Rain gages; Rainfall; Risk assessment; Runoff; Safety; Slopes; Statistical analysis; Storms; Surface drainage; Tables (Data)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Coefficient of variation; Rainfall intensity
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Abnormalities; Highway drainage; Precipitation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00154004
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/CA-76/195-Vol-1Final Rpt., Bull-195-Vol-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM