SAFER SIGN AND LUMINAIRE SUPPORTS. TASK K. CORRELATION OF FULL-SCALE, LABORATORY, ANALYTICAL, AND COMPUTER-SIMULATED RESULTS. VOLUME IV
Results of a correlation study between full-scale, laboratory pendulum, analytical, and computer-simulated tests of impacts with breakaway sign and luminaire supports is presented. Momentum change during impact is used as a basis of comparison in the correlation. This task report is part of a study in which a full investigation into impact phenomena of vehicles with breakaway supports was made using analytical, computer simulated, laboratory pendulum, and full-scale testing techniques. Procedures for acceptance testing of breakaway sign and luminaire supports using a pendulum impact facility were also developed.
- See also Volume 3, PB-264 945. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E12, PB-264 942-SET.
ENSCO, Incorporated5400 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA United States 22151
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Owings, R P
- Adair, J W
- Rudd, T J
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Analysis; Breakaway supports; Correlation analysis; Highway safety; Highway traffic control; Highways; Impact tests; Laboratory tests; Luminaires; Momentum; Pendulum tests; Simulation; Structural supports; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Traffic signs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical method; Supports
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00153998
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76- 35 Final Rpt., FCP 31F2-062
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8118
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM