SAFER SIGN AND LUMINAIRE SUPPORTS. TASK G. LABORATORY TESTING OF SUPPORTS. VOLUME II
Results of laboratory tests conducted at the Federal Highway Administration's Impact Test Facility are reported. A description of the impact test facility is given, along with testing procedures. The tests performed are described and results are summarized. Support specimens tested include slip-base steel luminaires, aluminum shoe-base luminaires, and dual-legged sign supports. This task report is part of a study in which a full investigation into impact phenomenon of vehicles with breakaway supports was made and acceptance testing procedures for sign and luminaire supports were developed.
- See also Volume 1, PB-264 943. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E12, PB-264 942-SET.
Ensco, Incorporated5400 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA USA 22151
Washington, DC USA 20590
- OWINGS, R P
- Adair, J W
- Rudd, T J
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 324 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Breakaway supports; Collisions; Crash injury research; Equipment tests; Highway safety; Highway traffic control; Highways; Honeycomb structures; Impact tests; Laboratory tests; Luminaires; Research; Steel structures; Structural supports; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Traffic signs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Supports; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00153996
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76- 33 Final Rpt., FCP 31F2-062
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8118
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM