URBAN TRANSPORTATION AND LAND USE: A BIBLIOGRAPHY
This bibliographic reference guide to urban transportation and land use literature contains publications that synthesize the relationships among people, movement systems, and land uses in medium-size urban areas. It also samples literature on diverse topics such as car pooling, travel disincentives, pedestrian movement, zoning, traffic restraints, bus lanes, and travel behavior. The primary emphasis is on qualitative knowledge regarding the land use-transportation interface. As such, it is designed for public policy makers, interested citizens, and professionals in the planning and design disciplines. The 1107 citations are categorized into eight general areas: transportation, urban areas, activity and travel, urban form, land use, urban development processes, bibliographies, and miscellany. Author and subject indexes are included.
University of Kentucky, LexingtonDepartment of Civil Engineering
176 Raymond Building
Lexington, KY United States 40506-0281
- Edwins, S B
- Deacon, J A
- Leggett, H M
- Harris, Ricci B
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 184 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Bus lanes; Carpools; City planning; Land use; Land use planning; Pedestrians; Public participation; Traffic restraint; Transportation operations; Travel; Travel patterns; Urban areas; Urban development; Urban transportation; Zoning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00153991
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-75/145 Bibliog.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-50111
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1981 12:00AM