WESTERN COAL TRANSPORTATION: UNIT TRAINS OR SLURRY PIPELINES
This report focuses on one commodity, coal, and two modes of transportation, railroads and slurry pipelines. The competition between railroads and slurry pipelines for the transportation of coal mined in the West is examined in depth, as is the impact that institutional and regulatory constraints may have on the competition.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Urban Studies and Planning, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA USA 02139
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Sargent, A
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 93 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Coal; Coal industry; Competition; Cost estimating; Estimates; Federal government; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Legislation; Pipeline transportation; Policy; Railroad transportation; Regulations; Slurry pipelines; Transportation modes; Unit trains
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk handling; Cargo transportation; Government policies; Government regulations; Slurrying
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Pipelines; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00153989
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-76T/26 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30104
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM