SURVEY OF SUSPENSION SYSTEMS ON VEHICLES TOWING TRAVEL TRAILERS II. VOLUME 15
Loading patterns, load capacities and consumer knowledge in these areas were determined for 2,400 vehicles consisting of automobiles towing travel trailers, travel trailers, motor homes, and pick-up trucks carrying slide-in campers. These data were compared to results from a previous survey in an effort to determine what improvements were made due to industry and government action. Vehicles were weighed as loaded for traveling and the suspension rating data was obtained from the vehicle manufacturers. This report deals with the vehicles towing trailers. Separate reports are available which cover travel trailers, motor homes, and pick-up trucks carrying slide-in campers.
- See also report dated Aug 76, PB-257 462.
Pioneer Engineering and Manufacturing Company2500 East Nine Mile Road
Warren, MI United States 48091
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ludtke, N
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 330 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Axles; Consumer protection; Loading and unloading; Loads; Springs (Vehicles); Suspension systems; Tires; Traffic safety; Trailers; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Loading procedures
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00153976
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-242
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00978
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 2002 12:00AM