TRUCK NOISE IX. NOISE REDUCTION STUDY OF AN IN-SERVICE DIESEL-POWERED TRUCK. VOLUME II: APPENDIX
A series of tests to measure the noise contributions of subsystems were performed on a truck with a conventional short cab, equipped with a Cummins V-903 engine. The data acquired in these tests were used to select retrofittable components which would effectively reduce the total vehicle noise.
- See also Volume 1, PB-264 783.
McDonnell Douglas Astronautics Company5301 Bolsa Avenue
Huntington Beach, CA USA 92647
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Department of TransportationOffice of the Secretary of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Leneman, G
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 386 p.
- TRT Terms: Cabs (Vehicle compartments); Damping (Engineering); Diesel engines; Diesel trucks; Emission control systems; Engines; Exhaust gases; Fans; Mufflers; Noise; Noise control; Retrofitting; Traffic noise; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Enclosures; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine noise; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00153973
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-3-II Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-764-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM