ROHR INDUSTRIES TRANSBUS. PART I. THE ROHR TRANSBUS. PART II. PROGRAM SUMMARY. PART III. SPECIFICATIONS, ANALYSIS, STUDIES AND TEST RESULTS
Under the Transbus Program three manufacturers each designed and fabricated bus prototypes with design goals that included low floors, wide doors, and other features to improve accessibility and to speed loading and unloading. Rohr built three coaches with a seventeen-inch floor height. This report describes and analyzes the bus design and program effort involved in developing these prototypes. This document consists of three parts: Part 1 is a brief description of the Rohr Transbus that includes summary description of vehicle characteristics and functional elements. Part 2 is a program summary that includes an accounting of design reviews and interim reports shown with a historical milestone chart, as well as discussions on design specification packages, quality assurance, test programs, and technical problems encountered. Part 3 (Appendix to report) consists of detailed voluminous specifications, analyses, studies, and test results. Part 3 is not included in NTIS distribution.
- Prepared by Booz-Allen Applied Research, Inc., Bethesda, Md.
Rohr Industries, IncorporatedP.O. Box 878
Chula Vista, CA United States 92012
Booz-Allen Applied Research, Incorporated4733 Bethesda Avenue
Bethesda, MD United States 20014
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 152 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Comfort; Design; Doors; Floors; Performance based specifications; Prototypes; Quality assurance; Seats; Shape; Specifications; Urban transportation; Vehicle characteristics; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Configuration; Design criteria; Requirement
- Old TRIS Terms: Transbus
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00153960
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0025-77-1Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-10008
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1981 12:00AM