RESEARCH SAFETY VEHICLE PROGRAM (PHASE II) SPECIFICATION REVIEW. VOLUME II
In Phase I of the Research Safety Vehicle Program (RSV), preliminary design and performance specifications were developed for a mid-1980's vehicle that integrates crashworthiness and occupant safety features with material resource conservation, economy, and producibility. Phase II of the program has focused on development of the total vehicle design via systems engineering and integration analyses. As part of this effort, it was necessary to continuously review the Phase I recommended performance specification in relation to ongoing design/test activities. This document contains the results of our analyses of the Phase I specifications. The RSV is expected to satisfy all of the producibility and safety related specifications, i.e., handling and stability systems, crashworthiness, occupant protection, pedestrian/cyclist protection, etc.
- See also Phase I, Volume 2, PB-246 766, and Phase I, Volume 1, PB-246 765.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY USA 14225
Washington, DC USA 20590
- PUGLIESE, S M
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 69 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Cost engineering; Crashworthiness; Cyclists; Design standards; Energy conservation; Geological surveying; Highway safety; Motor vehicle bodies; Pedestrians; Performance based specifications; Prevention; Protection; Research; Safety; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Safety vehicles; Soils; Specifications; Stability (Mechanics); Steering; Texture; Traffic safety; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies; Soil surveys /surface/
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00153952
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-251 Final Rpt., CALSPAN-ZM-5793-V-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01214
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM