GUIDELINES FOR FLASHING TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICES
This report details the development of guidelines for the installation of certain classes of flashing traffic control devices. The devices studied were, continuous flashing and vehicle actuated two-way and four-way STOP intersection beacons, continuous and vehicle actuated advanced warning (STOP AHEAD) beacons and vehicle actuated beacons for speed limit control on curves. The guidelines are based upon the results of a state-of-the-art review, extensive field work, accident studies, and analytical investigations. They are presented in graphical form with a set of procedures for their use.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/31A1594
- Sponsored by DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
KLD Associates, Incorporated47 Mall Drive, Suite 8
Commack, NY United States 11725-5717
- Goldblatt, R B
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 228 p.
- TRT Terms: Actuated traffic signal controllers; Beacons; Building; Facilities; Flashing beacons; Flashing traffic signals; Guidelines; Installation; Traffic control devices; Vehicles; Warning signs
- Old TRIS Terms: Actuated control
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00153874
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- ISBN: 31A1-594
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76-190 Final Rpt., FCP 31A1-594
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8532
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM