GREAT LAKES ORE CARRIER SERIES ICE RESISTANCE MODEL TESTS-- DRAFT VARIATION
This work is an extension of the test series reported in WIMB Report No. 18 "Great Lakes Ore Carrier Series Ice Model Test Program" which covered model tests of nine different hull forms of which eight formed a systematic series with bow form, ship length and ship beam as parameters. This report covers the testing of two draft modifications for one hull with bow angles and main dimensions kept constant.
- See also 01 057068, Dec. 1974 MRIS Abstracts.
Wartsila ShipyardMunkkisaarenkatu 2
- Virtanen, J
- JOHANSSON, B
- Makinen, E
- Publication Date: 1975-4-15
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Fluid resistance; Hulls; Ice; Icebreaking; Resistance (Mechanics)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice resistance; Model testing
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00153811
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-940-77080 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 4-37094
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM