AN INFORMATION SYSTEM DESIGN FRAMEWORK FOR STATE RAIL PLANNING
This paper describes an information system developed to support the state rail planning process, with special emphasis on the factors related to disposition of abandoned rail rights-of-way. The information system developed for rail re-use planning is claimed to be expandable to rail distribution analysis and rail management. The concept is compatible with information systems for other modes and is relatable to land use information systems.
- U.S. DOT's Office of University Research sponsored this work.
University of Iowa, Iowa CityInstitute of Urban and Regional Research
Iowa City, IA United States 52242
- Dueker, K J
- Milligan, J A
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Information systems; Land use; Railroad transportation; State departments of transportation; State government; States; Transportation planning; Travel patterns
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic patterns
- Old TRIS Terms: State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00153368
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 42 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM