U.S. - U.S.S.R. TRACK AND RAIL METALLURGY INFORMATION EXCHANGE
The report covers track research and development activities, rail metallurgy and the technology of laying welded rail, assembly and disassembly of track panels and wood tie reclamation. It draws upon the experiences, observations and discussions of a seven-man team of engineers, researchers, and metallurgists who visited the Soviet Union during an 11-day period in 1976. The basic goals were to expand upon the knowledge obtained by previous delegations and to learn as much as possible for application or modification to US research and development activities and track maintenance procedures.
- Record URL:
- The exchange was coordinated by the U.S. DOT's Office of Policy, Plans and International Affairs and the Soviet State Committee for Science and Technology. This report was sponsored by the FRA's Office of Research and Development and the USSR Ministry of Railways.
Elgin, Joliet and Eastern Railway CompanyP.O. Box 880
Joliet, IL United States 60434
- Beck, R F
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Buckling; Concrete; Concrete ties; Maintenance of way; Rail (Railroads); Rail steel; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Standards; Structural design; Technology; Track panels; Welded rail; Welding; Wood ties
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union; Russia (Federation)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cross tie design; Rail steel metallurgy; Rail welding; Track standards; Track structures; Wooden cross ties
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00153367
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-77/19 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: P.O. No. 74276
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM