A U.K. SHIPBUILDER'S CONTRIBUTION
The paper describes some of the less obvious physical and chemical characteristics of LNG and LPG and their impact on the safe carriage of these liquefied gases. Cargo handling systems and the choice of reliquefaction plant are also discussed.
- Paper given at the First International Liquefied Gas Transportation Conference, London-March 21-22, 1972. Sponsored by Shipbuilding and Shipping Record.
Engineering, Chemical and Marine Press, Limited33-39 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1P 1AH, England
- Gray, R C
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- Shipbuilding and Shipping Record
- Publisher: Transport and Technical Publications Limited
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Chemical tankers; Design; Freight handling; Liquefaction; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Marine safety; Piping systems; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng handling; Lng reliquefaction; Tanker piping systems; Tanker safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00032731
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Shipbuilding and Shipping Record
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 28 1973 12:00AM