GAS TANKER OPERATIONS
Twenty years ago, the first significant movements of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) were just starting, involving some thousand tons: This year, the total volume will not be far from ten million tons. The first trial shipments of liquefied natural gas (LNG) were performed by the "METHANE PIONEER", and 14 years later tht total quantities of LNG carried by sea will be close to seven million tons. The purpose of this paper is to try to determine if, within these twenty years, it has been possible to establish a tentative list of particular features covering the transportation of LPG and LNG as well as the solutions found by all parties concerned, besides the normal bulk petroleum products' carrying requirements.
- Paper given at the First International Liquefied Gas Transportation Conference, London-March 21-22, 1972. Sponsored by Shipbuilding and Shipping Record.
Engineering, Chemical and Marine Press, Limited33-39 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1P 1AH, England
- Hautefeuille, R P
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Shipbuilding and Shipping Record
- Publisher: Transport and Technical Publications Limited
- TRT Terms: Freight handling; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Liquefied petroleum gas; Ship operations; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng handling; Tanker operations
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00032728
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Shipbuilding and Shipping Record
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 28 1972 12:00AM