SOME ASPECTS CONCERNING THE DESIGN OF LNG CARRIERS
Safety and economy may to some extent be designed into LNG-carriers by employing the most advanced technology available. The various design concepts are discussed with reference to the fail-safe properties obtained. Some of the tools available in the fields of wave loads, structural analysis and materials engineering are described, with particular reference to the importance of obtaining both safe and reliable designs.
- Paper given at the First International Liquefied Gas Transportation Conference, London-March 21-22, 1972. Sponsored by Shipbuilding and Shipping Record.
Engineering, Chemical and Marine Press, Limited33-39 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1P 1AH, England
- Hansen, H R
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- Shipbuilding and Shipping Record
- Publisher: Transport and Technical Publications Limited
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Structural analysis; Tankers; Tanks (Containers); Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Tank construction
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00032727
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Shipbuilding and Shipping Record
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 28 1972 12:00AM