ICE NAVIGATION IN CANADIAN WATERS
A very extensive service is available throughout the areas referred to in this publication to provide varying degrees of assistance to ships navigating ice-covered waters. This assistance ranges from radio and radio facsimile broadcasts of up-to-date general information on ice conditions to detailed advice on routing to ships proceeding independently and finally to the provision of icebreaker escort, if available and considered necessary.
Information CanadaOttawa, ONo, Canada
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Ice; Ice navigation; Icebreaking; Operations; Ship pilotage; Weather forecasting
- Candidate Terms: Ice forecasting
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic navigation; Arctic operations; Ice operations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00153191
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Information Canada
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM