UNIVERSITY MANAGEMENT OF A TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT'S RESEARCH PROGRAM
Five state universities and the University of Tennessee are cooperating in a program which encompasses research across all modes of transportation and involves many disciplines. An Executive Committee formulates policy, a Technical Advisory Council takes responsibility for all technical aspects, and Monitoring Teams take responsibility for implementation of research findings. Research needs are formulated through the development of problem statements that are ranked in the order of need. The highest ranking problems are developed into proposals and forwarded to the cooperating universities. Agreement of understanding are prepared and executed in conjunction with the Advisory Council and the selected university.
- Prepared for Presentation at the 56th Annual Transportation Research Board Meeting, January, 1977.
309 Conference Center Building
Knoxville, TN United States 37996-4133
- Jones, D H
- Goodwin, W A
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Implementation; Management; Monitoring; Research; Strategic planning; Transportation; Transportation policy; Universities and colleges
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00153114
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TC76-036
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM