THE HORIZONTAL POLES OF TUMWATER CANYON
The guardrail system is described which offers protection to motorists while contributing to the aesthetics of the view. Logs were installed on concrete pedestals and subsequent overlays and shaping of the roadway required the installation of shims to adjust the height of the rail. The Douglas Fir timber railing is pressure-treated for performance and durability. The timber is pressure-treated with pentachlorophenol 10 pounds per cubic foot).
American Wood Preservers Institute1651 Old Meadow Road
McLean, VA USA 22101
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Guardrails; Poles (Supports); Timber; Timber construction; Wood preservatives
- Old TRIS Terms: Timber guardrails
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00153022
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM