SURFACE TREATMENT MANUAL
The capabilities of Bitumuls Emulsified Asphalts of providing binder for pavement surfaces are reviewed, the analysis of a surface treatment project is described, and general features related to materials, equipment, construction, and the completed surface are considered. Project analysis must include consideration of when a pavement needs patching, when a new pavement starts to revel, when to use bitumuls single chip seal/double chip seal, and if the pavement needs reinforcing. The value of Bitumuls and product specifications are discussed. The job organization, surface preparation, application of Bitumuls, joints, chip application, rolling operation, and traffic control are also considered. Photographs showing the completed surface are included, and reference tables of quantities are provided.
Chevron Asphalt Company555 Market Street
San Francisco, CA United States 94119
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Binders; Chippings; Emulsified asphalt; Patching; Pavements; Sealing compounds; Specifications; Surface treating
- Old TRIS Terms: Chips
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00152988
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM