HIGHWAYS AND SAFETY 1976
An overview is given of the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1976 which extends the expiration of the Highway Trust Fund for 2 years and postpones scheduled reductions in the taxes which support the Fund for a similar period. The provisions for road development are highlighted, and comments are made on the interstate highway system. Construction of intercity projects, rehabilitation of interstate routes, the apportioning of Interstate System funds to the states, withdrawals and substitutions, and an Interstate funding study are discussed. The Act is discussed in relation to primary, secondary and urban systems, and major new provisions are covered. Authorizations related to the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1976 and the Highway Safety Act of 1976 are reviewed. These cover such aspects as demonstration projects, highway studies, state and community grants, and safety research and development.
Highway Users Federation for Safety and Mobility1776 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Demonstration projects; Development; Highway safety; Laws; Research
- Identifier Terms: Federal Aid Highway Act; Highway Trust Fund; Interstate Highway System
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00152986
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM