CRASH TEST EVALUATION OF PRECAST INTERLOCKED MEDIAN BARRIER
The test installation and testing is described of the Welsbach precast prestressed concrete barrier system which features a unique interlock design that provides not only longitudinal and lateral continuity, but is capable of developing bending moments at the joint. Photographs are need to illustrate the test installation. Film analysis and accelerometer data from performance tests are tabulated and illustrated. The barrier system restrained and redirected the 450-lb test vehicle under severe impact conditions. ALthough vehicle damage was extensive, it is typical of other "non yielding barrier" tests performed on reinforced cost-in-place systems.
- Prepared for Welsbach Concrete Systems Corporation.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
- Bronstad, M E
- Kimball, C E
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Impact tests; Loss and damage; Median barriers; Performance; Precast concrete; Prestressed concrete; Testing; Vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Barrier design; Interlocking
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152985
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Project 03-3777-002
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM