NATIONAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY ADVISORY COUNCIL ANNUAL REPORT, 1974
The legislative history, organization, and 1974 activities of the council are briefly reviewed, and the council recommendations and departmental replies to these recommendations are presented. These recommendations relate to the definition of MPV classification, definition of "What constitutes a safety--related defect, remedy of defects by vehicle owners, locating subsequence owners of vehicles, NHTSA communication with manufacturers, and defect investigations. The recommendation by the citizens' advisory committee on transportation quality is presented, and future recommendations regarding a ruel on underride protection for trucks and trailers, vehicle-in-use inspection criteria, and the utilization of mass media concepts in informing the public in the area of safety are considered. Resolutions, recommendations, and responses related to several other aspects are presented which include, among others, motorcycle and recreational vehicle safety, collision research. Multidisciplinary accident investigations, and international participation in motorcycle safety programs. A summary report of cost/benefit studies is attached.
National Motor Vehicle Safety Advisory Council400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Benefit cost analysis; Crash injury research; Crashes; Defects; Highway safety; Inspection; Mass media; Motor vehicles; Motorcycles; Recreational vehicles; Research; Trucks; Vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152968
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM