COLORS OF LIGHT SIGNALS. OFFICIAL RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE INTERNATIONAL COMMISSION ON ILLUMINATION
This report states the recommendations of the CIE for the colors of light signals in terms of chromaticity limits chosen as a compromise between reliable color recognition, reasonable visual range and practical precision of manufacture. These limits are recommended for international adoption, but national specifications may be adopted with rather narrower limits if desirable to suit national practice. These recommendations refer to warning and color-coded light signals in general.
INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE ON ILLUMINATIONKEGELGASSE 27
VIENNA, Austria A-1030
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Color; Color codes; Manufacturing; Perception; Recommendations; Signal lights; Specifications; Visual perception; Warning systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Recognition
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00152944
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: CIE2.2(TC-1.6)1975
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM