ARTUBAR--WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT
The articulated tug/barge system Artubar is intended for ocean as well as coastal operation. The present paper gives the results of numerous tests aimed at establishing full-scale stresses, bending moments, and loadings acting on a 38,500-dwt Artubar unit in severe weather and sea conditions. One unit--Daito--has been operating for 1-1/2 years between Japan and China over a distance of some 2,000 nautical miles; a second unit has been in service for about nine months. During this time very high sea states and winds of over 130 mph have been encountered. Economic considerations favour the system, and design studies have been made for units of up to 70,000 dwt.
- Proceedings of Fourth International Tug Convention, New Orleans.
International Tug Convention (4th)New Orleans, LA USA
- Fletcher, E H
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Bending moments; Economic analysis; Structural analysis; Towed barges; Tug ship interaction; Tugboats
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Tug barges); Ship descriptions (Tug barge); Tug barge linkage; Tug barge systems
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152897
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM