SURFACE DRESSINGS - CONTROL (A) OF THE LONGITUDINAL AND TRANSVERSE SPREADING REGULARITY, (B) OF THE TRANSVERSE REGULARITY OF OPERATION OF A SPREADER. PRELIMINARY TEST PROCEDURE
REVETEMENTS SUPERFICIELS -- CONTROLE AU SOL; A--REGULARITE LONGITUDINALE ET TRANSVERSALE; B-REGULARITE TRANSVERSALE D'UN GRAVILLONNEUR. AVANT PROJET DE MODE OPERATOIRE.
This report describes two tests. The first facilitates the measurement of the transverse and longitudinal distribution of a binder pulverized with a spray bar. The method consists of placing on the road surface, transversely to the movement of the spreader, a measuring ruler with small cups. After spreading, each cup is weighed. From the measurement results, the transverse distribution of the binder proportioning is assessed together with the proportioning per square meter. For the longitudinal proportioning of the binder, three or four measuring rulers are placed on the road surface 50 M apart. The second test enables the transverse distribution of chippings by means of a spreader to be evaluated. The spreader is described. To evaluate the distribution, measuring frames are placed on the road transversely to the movement of the spreader. After spreading, the aggregates are collected from the surface within each measuring frame and weighed. From the weight recorded, the transverse distribution of aggregate proportioning is deduced together with the proportioning per square meter. /TRRL/
Central Laboratory of Bridges & Highways, France75732 Paris, France
- Publication Date: 1973-3
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Binders; Chippings; Distributions (Statistics); Measurement; Physical distribution; Seal coats; Specifications; Spreaders; Spreading; Test procedures; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longitudinal; Transverse; Transverse distribution
- ITRD Terms: 4948: Binder; 4585: Chippings; 9016: Distribution (gen); 9039: Longitudinal; 6136: Measurement; 177: Specifications; 3602: Spreading; 2984: Surface dressing; 6288: Test method; 9081: Transverse
- Subject Areas: Construction; Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Highways; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings;
- Accession Number: 00152835
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Central Laboratory of Bridges & Highways, France
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1977 12:00AM