NEWER TECHNIQUES IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF PRESTRESSED CONCRETE BARGES AND PRESTRESSED FERROCEMENT VESSELS
Techniques of design and the combination of technologies that can overcome the disadvantage of weight in prestressed concrete vessels are explored. Cellular construction, two-directional stressing of ship surfaces, and load directional apportioning are discussed and costs of concrete and steel barge construction are compared.
- Proceedings of the Conference on Concrete Ships and Floating Structures, Sept. 15-19, 1975, University of California, Berkeley.
University of California, BerkeleyBerkeley, CA United States 94720
- Alexander, D
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Concrete; Concrete construction; Economic analysis; Ferrocement; Prestressed concrete; Prestressing; Shipbuilding; Shipbuilding materials; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concrete ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge construction; Concrete barges; Economic analysis (Barges)
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152765
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM