STRUCTURAL CONSIDERATIONS AND CONFIGURATIONS 3
Hydrostatic loading of concrete vessels as a special loading case is analyzed. Several analysis methods are presented because different design approaches were found appropriate for cylindrical structures of different geometries. The following cases are treated separately: thick-walled cylinders of all lengths and thin-walled cylinders of short, moderately long, and long lengths. Experimental data are used in the development of the design methods, except for the case of short, thin-walled cylinders.
- Proceedings of the Conference on Concrete Ships and Floating Structures, Sept. 15-19, 1975, University of California, Berkeley.
University of California, BerkeleyBerkeley, CA USA 94720
- Haynes, H H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Cylindrical bodies; Design; Ferrocement; Hydrostatic pressure; Hydrostatics; Loads; Shipbuilding; Shipbuilding materials; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concrete ships; Cylinders; Loading
- Old TRIS Terms: Ferro concrete; Hydrostatic loading
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152759
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM