NEW JERSEY STATE RAIL PLAN... FOR RAIL TRANSPORTATION AND LOCAL RAIL SERVICES
This Phase II of the State Rail Plan, submitted to the Federal Railroad Administration, presents detailed analyses and results of the evaluations made for each segment of the 193.8 miles of rail lines not to be included in the Conrail system. Recommendations are presented which suggest possible methods for continuing service or for alternative disposition of excess rail rights of way. For each segment the statewide significance, its value as part of existing operations, and operational alternatives for continuing service are examined. Desirable alternatives for each consider state fiscal policy, local rail user desires and the most economical option available.
Trenton, NJ United States 08625
- Publication Date: 1975-12-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 260 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Branch lines; Governments; Planning; Railroad transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Geographic Terms: New Jersey
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Regional rail reorganization act; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00152683
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: New Jersey Department of Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: Plan. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM