THE NEW JERSEY PLAN FOR RAIL TRANSPORTATION AND LOCAL RAIL SERVICES. PHASE I
This planning document was submitted to the Federal Railroad Administration to describe the procedures to be followed in making the detailed evaluations of the effects of discontinuing service on the 193.8 miles of rail lines excluded from the Conrail system. The effects to be evaluated include environmental impacts, community impacts, growth potential and relationships with the overall rail network in the State of New Jersey. The aim also is to appraise freight movements in the state as part of a much broader planning effort. The State Rail Plan is required under mandates of the Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973.
Trenton, NJ United States 08625
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Branch lines; Governments; Planning; Railroad transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Geographic Terms: New Jersey
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Regional rail reorganization act; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00152682
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: New Jersey Department of Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: Plan. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM